This workshop will help you develop your health and wellness business idea. The course will focus on the practical aspects of establishing, maintaining, and growing a health and wellness business for health coaches, patient navigators, and other practices to promote and support support healthier lifestyles, aging, and chronic disease management.
Leading business experts will provide practical guidance and mentorship to help you get your idea off the ground. Participants will have opportunity to receive a one-on-one mentorship session up to six months after course completion.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand how to gain buy in and position health coaching services so people understand its value and impact.
- Full Business Model Canvas planning session with faculty members with extensive business experience.
- Learn about the types of business delivery models (online vs. in-person etc.), insurance and financing considerations, and technologies and tools that can help you run your practice, manage patient records, and accounts
- One-on-one mentorship – book in your 90 min session up to six months after course completion and talk to faculty about business issues as you implement your health coaching practice or add it to your practice.
The course will cover all essential topics to set up and sustain a successful health coach practice including:
- Developing and refining your business idea using a lean start-up model and a business model canvas tool
- Understanding financial terms, concepts, and resources to help you run a successful business
- Marketing, communications, and brand promotion – including definition of minimal viable product/service, market segments, and pricing models
- Gaining buy-in to sell your services, establishing value proposition, and increasing and keeping referral business
- Using the relevant tools and technology to run your business efficiently
Instructors will consider a variety of settings where health and wellness services may be provided, including private practice, primary, secondary, or tertiary care settings, large private sector organizations, or through individual practitioner/consultants, or inter-professional team based care.
Who Should Take This Workshop?
- Nurses, kinesiologists, registered dieticians, physiotherapists, massage therapists, athletic therapists, public health, and other health professionals
- Individuals interested in self-employment as health and wellness coaches
- Two (2) in-classroom evenings per week over 2 weeks (4 days total)
- Three (3) hours each evening: 6 – 9 PM
- One-on-one mentorship session (up to 90 mins, 3– 6 months after completion of workshop series)
Jane Gertner - MBA
Executive in Residence - VentureLab
Jane is a strong business generalist with hands on experience spanning from marketing/sales to executive management, raising capital and creating successful exits. She initially trained at Unilever as a Global Marketer, launching and growing international brands in North America, and expanding successful Canadian products world-wide. As President of an operating division of George Weston Ltd, Jane executed a complete financial and operational turnaround, divesting the company at a significant multiple.
Jane is also a solid integrative thinker, and is able to draw upon her deep business experience and broad skill sets to assist clients in strengthening their value propositions, commercializing products, forging successful strategic partnerships, improving investment readiness, and enhancing shareholder value.Jane is the Managing Partner of an SME consultancy, and serves on the Advisory Boards of several high growth entrepreneurial ventures. She holds an MBA from the Rotman School of Management, and is Vice Chair of the school’s Alumni Board.
Rob Cattle - BSc
Robert Cattle is the founding partner of Maynard & Scott Consulting, a Consulting firm located in York Region, with a focus on Business Excellence and Customer Service. Prior to founding Maynard & Scott, Robert spent 4+ years as Business Transformation and Global Account Manager for Geodis Global Solutions (formerly a Division of IBM). and 20+ years with IBM Canada in the Global Services and Sales & Distribution Divisions, in key professional and leadership roles.
Robert has served as Global Account Manager, Managing the IBM Global Logistics Portfolios, with UPS, UPS-SCS, and DHL Express, along with leading many global teams driving vendor performance improvements and financial savings. Most recently Robert, has been working with key stakeholders as the Director of Program Delivery at ventureLAB a Regional Innovation Centre, delivering entrepreneurial education and mentorship support. Robert is best known for his innovative solutions to challenging business or customer service needs.
Informational webinar and Q&A session for Starting Your Health and Wellness Business two-day workshop with instructor Rob Cattle. Find out how this course can help you seamlessly become an entrepreneur or entrepreneur within your organization.