This workshop will help you develop your health and wellness business idea. The course will focus on the practical aspects of establishing, maintaining, and growing a health and wellness business for health coaches, patient navigators, and other practices to promote and support support healthier lifestyles, aging, and chronic disease management.
Leading business experts will provide practical guidance and mentorship to help you get your idea off the ground. Participants will have opportunity to receive a one-on-one mentorship session up to six months after course completion.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand how to gain buy in and position health coaching services so people understand its value and impact.
- Full Business Model Canvas planning session with faculty members with extensive business experience.
- Learn about the types of business delivery models (online vs. in-person etc.), insurance and financing considerations, and technologies and tools that can help you run your practice, manage patient records, and accounts
- One-on-one mentorship – book in your 90 min session up to six months after course completion and talk to faculty about business issues as you implement your health coaching practice or add it to your practice.
The course will cover all essential topics to set up and sustain a successful health coach practice including:
- Developing and refining your business idea using a lean start-up model and a business model canvas tool
- Understanding financial terms, concepts, and resources to help you run a successful business
- Marketing, communications, and brand promotion – including definition of minimal viable product/service, market segments, and pricing models
- Gaining buy-in to sell your services, establishing value proposition, and increasing and keeping referral business
- Using the relevant tools and technology to run your business efficiently
Instructors will consider a variety of settings where health and wellness services may be provided, including private practice, primary, secondary, or tertiary care settings, large private sector organizations, or through individual practitioner/consultants, or inter-professional team based care.
Who Should Take This Workshop?
- Nurses, kinesiologists, registered dieticians, physiotherapists, massage therapists, athletic therapists, public health, and other health professionals
- Individuals interested in self-employment as health and wellness coaches
- Two (2) in-classroom evenings per week over 2 weeks (4 days total)
- Three (3) hours each evening: 6 – 9 PM
- One-on-one mentorship session (up to 90 mins, 3– 6 months after completion of workshop series)