Today, long-term care operations continue to face increasing scrutiny by regulators and the public alike.
Designed and delivered by some of Canada’s top experts in this field, this program will provide you with the critical information and practical strategies you need to confidently manage risk.
- The public inquiry into LTC – what has been learned thus far?
- An update on risk – the Ministry perspective on recent Resident Quality Inspections (RQI)
- Problems and pitfalls when transferring a patient from a hospital to a LTC facility
- What to do when a residents’ care needs exceed the capabilities of the LTC facility
- Dealing with responsive behaviors and intentional resident-to-resident abuse
- Bill 160 – the new framework for “confinement”
- Medical Assistance in Dying update – from policy to practice
- Negotiating with Community Care Access Centres on admission and discharge issues
- Privacy issues in LTC – video surveillance, social media and email
- Conducting and managing investigations – best practices and post-incident response
Who Should Attend?
- Managers, Administrators and Operators of Long-Term Care operations
- Directors of Resident Care
- Medical Professionals
- Long-Term Care Consultants
- Risk Managers
- Social Workers
- In-House Counsel in Long-Term Care
- Patient Care Advocates
- Counsel working in Health and Elder Law
David Golden, Torkin Manes LLP
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact: