One of the many challenges in dealing with mental health law issues is understanding the relevant law and its application. Often decisions must be made quickly, with inadequate information or consultation. Failure to adequately assess risk, to properly address the rights of individuals and their families, or to provide proper patient care, can compromise essential rights of an individual and his or her family and create exposure to liability.
Now in its eight year, this practice-based program gives you the knowledge and practical skills you need to competently and confidently handle mental health law issues.
Over the course of five intensive, one-day modules, you will learn what you need to know and acquire best practices from some of the most knowledgeable and experienced experts in Canada.
You will come away from this program with knowledge, tools, strategies and tactics that you can put to immediate use.
- Gain a clear understanding of the core principles of mental health law
- Acquire tools and strategies for handling mental health law issues
- Receive comprehensive learning materials that will be a useful and ongoing resource
- Connect with and learn from experts and peers who share your challenges
Who Should Attend
- Psychiatrists, physicians nurses and other licensed medical professionals
- Representatives from hospitals, psychiatric facilities, long-term care facilities, CCAC’s and community service provider agencies
- Health care and social service professionals
- Social Workers
- Law enforcement officers
- Corrections and rehabilitation services representatives
- Crown lawyers, Defence Counsel, Duty Counsel
- Mental health patient advocates
- Health law practitioners
- Health care risk managers
- Government and public policy advisors
- Kristin Taylor, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Michele Warner, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- Kendra Naidoo, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact: Reheleh Pourkhodayar at firstname.lastname@example.org