In five intensive one-day modules you will develop a comprehensive knowledge of the multidisciplinary nature of elder law, gain practical and relevant information of the various areas of law that intersect with caring for elderly clients and expand your professional network.
This program goes beyond the traditional approach to the subject matter and explores the aging process to better understand the circumstances of older adults. There is emphasis on skills-based learning, with in-class lectures being supplemented with group exercises, role play simulations, case studies and peer interactions.
Join a growing list of past attendees in gaining critical insights into elder law including:
- The role of advocacy: tips for being an effective advocate for older adults
- The aging process and recognizing and combating ageism
- Tackling the misuse of powers of attorney
- The role of the Public Guardian and Trustee
- Privacy rights in long term care, retirement and community settings
- Tackling elder investment fraud and financial exploitation
- The latest on capacity, substitute decision making and health care consent
Who Should Attend?
- Lawyers in private practice, practicing in the areas of elder law, health law, wills and estates, family law and estate litigation
- In-house counsel advising on the above areas
- Practitioners/advisers to long-term care homes
- Government lawyers – Counsel, Senior Counsel, Directors of Performance/Compliance; Provincial Specialist (Health Care Unit); Compliance Advisors/Officers – Long Term Care
- LTC home personnel including: Owners; Presidents/CEOs; Managers/Administrators; Operators; Director of Patient Care; Directors of Professional Practice; Risk Managers; Nurses and Personal Support Workers; Board Members;
- Nurse Educators
- Risk Managers in hospitals
- Social Workers
- Government Regulators
- Jane Meadus, Barrister and Solicitor, Institutional Advocate, Advocacy Centre for the Elderly (ACE)
- Alexander Procope, Perez Bryan Procope LLP
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact: Myrsini Zacharakis at email@example.com