Don’t miss this opportunity to engage with the experts and your peers on the key current and emerging issues in mental health law for children and youth. You’ll walk away from this program with knowledge, tools, strategies and tactics that will help you tackle these complex legal issues in your day-to-day working life.
You know that the legal rights and responsibilities in the area of mental health law are numerous and complex. These issues are even more challenging when they apply to children and youth. This is an area where there is little consensus on the best approach for the delivery of mental health services to children/youth, the type of advocacy support that is most appropriate, or the best approach for assessing and managing risks of violence. Constantly evolving case law further complicates this already challenging arena.
As a legal, health care, mental health, education or law enforcement professional, you are caught in the cross hairs and struggle to stay on top of your obligations and responsibilities.
This 5th annual OsgoodePD program was developed to bring together these professionals for a comprehensive one-day update of essential, current and emerging issues, together with practical legal advice on how to deal with them.
Who Should Attend?
- School Administrators/Directors of Education/Supervisory Officers
- Mental health leads
- Health care risk managers
- Representatives from hospitals, psychiatric facilities and community care agencies
- Psychiatristics, physicians, nurses and other licensed medical professionals
- Lawyers in private practice specializing in health, criminal or education law
- Crown lawyers
- Government and public policy advisors
- Expert witnesses and mental health consultants
- Mental health patient advocates
- Social workers
- Health and social service professionals
- Law enforcement officers
- Corrections and rehabilitation service representatives
- Mary Jane Dykeman, DDO Health Law
- Michele M. Warner, Litigation Legal Counsel, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Forrest Willett, Jack Canfield, Certified Trainer, Forrest Willett Training