This OsgoodePD program, designed and delivered by the leading experts, will provide you with a concise update of the most current and challenging aspects in fertility law, while still providing a solid overview of the key concepts to those who are new(er) to the area.
Increasingly, lawyers from a variety of practice areas are being asked for legal advice on fertility law issues.
Whether it relates to criminal prohibitions, jurisdictional questions, parentage claims, wills & estates matters, non-traditional parenting arrangements, or special issues relating to the LGBT community, the legal issues in this rapidly developing area are both diverse and complex. With the constantly evolving legal landscape, counsel must ensure they are up-to-date and knowledgeable on the latest legal decisions, as well as legislative, jurisdictional and procedural changes.
Topics covered include:
- In what circumstances are the criminal prohibitions of AHRA engaged?
- Acting for multiple parties: defining your role
- LGBT discrimination in legal protection, parental recognition, fertility clinics
- What to do when things go wrong? – Ethical and practical tips
- The future of fertility law: emerging issues
Plus! Don’t miss our Judge’s Panel where experienced judges will share their insights and advice on applications for declaration of parentage and non-parentage, as well as advocacy tips to counsel in presenting their case.
Who Should Attend?
- Family Law lawyers
- Fertility Law practitioners
- Wills and Estates Lawyers
- Health lawyers
- General Practitioners
- Immigration Lawyers
- Sara Cohen, Fertility Law Canada™ at D2Law LLP
- Ellen K. Embury, Dunphy Best Blocksom LLP, Calgary